Tonnage measurements are governed by an IMO Convention (International Convention on Tonnage Measurement of Ships, 1969 (London-Rules)), which applies to all ships built after July 1982.
The MAJ has in house Surveyors who are qualified to conduct Tonnage Measurements on the behalf of the Administration to facilitate the issuance of the following certificates:
- International tonnage certificate
- International load line certificate
- International load line exemption certificate
- MAJ load line certificate
- MAJ load line exemption certificate